I ran out of my homemade body butter and still had some leftover ingredients from last time, so I decided to make some lotion bars with my marvel mold I got from Lootcrate.
• Essential oils (optional). I did Citrus and Vanilla.
1. Get your double boiler and add all ingredients except for the optional essential oils onto the top boiler. Don’t have a double boiler? I took a small saucepan/pot, filled it about 1/3 of the way with water, and put a mason jar in it. I put all the ingredients into the mason jar and let it melt.
2. Once it’s all melted, add the essential oils.
3. Carefully, and with oven mitts, pour the melted ingredients into your mold. You can use any mold! Got an old ice cube tray? Use that!
4. Let sit to cool. I put mine in the freezer to quickly cool down.
5. Once it’s hardened, pop out of the mold and store.
How to use?
Use it like how you’d use a bar of soap! I also used a small silicone hexagon mold which pours it in about 1 oz portions. After I shower I grab one, pinch off a bit, rub in my hands until fully melted and slather allover my arms, pinch off more, repeat and do this allover my body.
I’ve found that my body reacts much better to this than regular lotion. This actually moisturizes and keeps my skin soft. Most lotions I feel are still drying.
Have you tried lotion bars? Any favorite recipes? I’d love to hear them and know experience! Comment below and let me know!
**Please note that the links above are amazon affiliated links where if you purchase from these links I earn a small commission to help feed my 5 pets. Thank you from Bowie, Talia, Isey, Mustachio and Stripey - and they eat A LOT**